Thursday, February 19, 2009

yes, griffey

This really is Fish. Just like David, I really couldn't say I'm a "real" Mariners fan, only a "kind of" fan because living in North Idaho I didn't really have any options. Yeah, the Twins may be my team, but almost no chance to see them, even on TV, during my time in Idaho and Oregon.

Hearing that Griffey has signed with Seattle has not really made my day at all, because it's really not that earth shattering, but it is good news nonetheless. Because now I will get to see him with the Mariners when they roll into KC. God damn is that going to be a terrible series or what? Two shitty teams going head to head in like 100 degrees with high humidity. But I'll be there, chearing for an old and just about used up Ken Griffey Jr., the greatest player of his generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment