Sunday, March 8, 2009

Die newspapers die!

Of course that is German for the newspapers the, and no one who speaks German can be a bad man. A lot has been made about the death of newspapers recently, sadly most of this clamour has been in the sporting press. (I don't know mayor elections or high school sports, what is really more important in life.) To be honest in a pure sports evaluation fuck the newspapers. After "A-Roid" had his steroid test illegally revealed the Seattle papers were flushed with A-roid is the devil/ spawn of all evil/ is the cause of the recession/ voted for Bush not once but twice, stories; is this worth crying over? The sport section of the news paper has been dying for years becoming ever more focused on local sports instead of national sports in a world where roots are meaningless, because people move constantly. I graduated from Fife High School and Linfield College, if either of these schools won a national championship you would have to tell me, because I don't follow them, to steal a phrase from the late Kurt Vonnegut they are grandfaloon's, or false relationships, or worthless.
Long story short (too late I know) newspapers failed because they went to the local well one too many times when people lived in a national or even global world. Give me insight over pandering any day. Which is why is pay for Baseball Prospectus and throw the unread Seattle Post Intelligencer sports section in the trash.
E

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you recycle that P-I buddy. I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

    ReplyDelete