Monday, March 16, 2009

I've Got to get to Best Buy

Ok, so I've got the World Baseball Classic on right now,* but when the game's done, I'm going to rush over to Best Buy to go buy something. I don't know what it is I'm going to buy, but I know I've got to get there. Why, you ask? It's because Puerto Rico baseball** has apparently decided that they need money, because they are sporting fetching advertisements for Best Buy with a path on their left sleeve.

Horrible. Horrendous (just like my spelling). Ugly, terrible. What the fuck is this, NASCAR? And when was the last time you saw a national (or quasi national team) wear an ad on their uniforms? I can't think of any. I don't think this would be much of a problem if this was MLB or something, but having an ad on a national uniform just seems sleazy. I know the economy is bad, but damn. What, is nobody drinking Puerto Rican rum these days? One would think if the economy was so bad Puerto Rico had to whore their uniforms out to Best Buy that everybody would be drinking their rum. But I guess I'm wrong.

And since I couldn't find a picture of said ugly uniforms, here's something that should inspire you all to go and sign up for a Best Buy credit card and buy a ridiculously huge tv and home hi fi system.....


* no, I don't know why - actually it's on while I'm listening to a great avant garde jazz CD I just got in the mail for free today, can't beat that, and one of the reasons I have the tv sound off is because Rick Sutcliffe is the color commentator, ugh, but I digress

** and no, I don't think they should be allowed to field their own teams in international competition, seeing as how they are one of the U.S.'s still remaining colonial possessions

No comments:

Post a Comment